three good primary school in plympton ..

(9 Posts)
happylou Thu 07-May-15 10:31:04

Hi all lovely people
I need your help
moving to Plymouth
need suggestions for three good primary schools in plympton, daughter 9 yr old so for year 5

onestepbeyond Fri 22-May-15 19:28:14

All Plympton primaries are good (with the possible except of Old Priory). Boringdon is the best on academic results however, Plympton schools are very very oversubscribed so you may not get a choice. Lots of children being sent to schools in other parts of the city as not enough places.

happylou Fri 22-May-15 20:48:32

Hi onestopbeyond
thanks for your reply...I have applied online but hvvto wait till 16th june...also need to arrange rented accomodation..for proof of address...its agonising wait...I dont know anyone in plymouth..can I pick your brain ...feeling helpless.

happylou Fri 22-May-15 20:50:58

Need new friends in plymouth...how do I go about it...I am 44 ..mum of two....

onestepbeyond Fri 22-May-15 21:23:36

Pick away! How old is your other dc? I live in Plympton so may be able to give you some pointers!

happylou Sat 23-May-15 21:12:07

I have sorted rented accommodation in plymstock, near Coombe Dean School. given the address to in year admissions, lets see what they have to say, my younger daugter is in yr 4 , dunno what school place she will get,

Are there any girlguide hut in plymstock ?

any drama /singing facility?
Thanks in advance Onestepbeyond

I would also need a good electrician and plumber please

onestepbeyond Mon 25-May-15 22:50:09

Don't know Plymstock very well - have couple of friends who live there though so will ask them

kittyorca Wed 08-Jul-15 18:09:36

Hi happylou! Have a look at Italia Conti Plymouth, Wranglers (theatre company), Theatre Royal Plymouth (take part), Plymkids, Stagecoach, loads going on for singing and drama.

happylou Thu 09-Jul-15 09:06:25

Thanks Kittyorca

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now