Nice villages with good primary schools within 40 miles of Plymouth

(2 Posts)
ceri0911 Thu 23-Oct-14 21:31:23

Hi We are relocating at the end of Jan with my partner's work and would love some insider knowledge on what area would be a pleasant place to live. We have two young children 2 and 4 and good schools are important as is things to do which are child friendly. I like semi rural areas, so a good community village would be ideal which is quiet but has activities as a Mum I can get involved in. We plan to do a short break to have a look around too. Ideally I'd like a place which has either social services or NHS/private hospital near by (within 45-1 hour max commute) as I am nearly an occupational therapist so would be job hunting too in April/May time. We love the outdoors, walks and beaches are a must. We don't want much lol!
Thanks for any advice you can give. We are excited to be moving down.

DevonMummy1 Thu 30-Oct-14 19:24:35

Hi Ceri,

Liverton is a lovely village with a fab primary school and great for commuting because it is just off of the A38.

Some other villages that might be worth looking at are Bickington, Ashburton, Bovey Tracey, Newton Ferrers, Noss mayo and Bishopsteignton.

I hope that helps you a bit smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now