Paston area Peterborough

(5 Posts)
user1495223032 Fri 19-May-17 21:30:05

Hi. Am looking for some advice regarding living in the Paston area of Peterborough at Crabtree (private rental property). I really like the house I have viewed but have heard horror stories about the area! I would be living alone as a single mum along with 2 dogs. Is the area really as bad as it sounds (have been researching via the Internet and hearing of arsonists, very bad anti-social behaviour, drugs, burglaries, crime etc. etc. which has really scared me!
Any advice/information would be very welcome.
Many thanks in advance.
Nikki

EdgeOfGlory266 Mon 17-Jul-17 20:24:20

To be honest. Paston isn't great! Crabtree has a really bad reputation but you can say that about a lot of places. I personally wouldn't live there.

BigglesBoggles Tue 18-Jul-17 21:39:11

It's one of the higher crime rate areas for Peterborough but it's nowhere near in the same league as high crime areas in big cities.

It wouldn't be my first choice of places to live, but it's by no means the worst. There used to be some nice little communities there a few years ago.

Crazycakes Tue 05-Sep-17 19:33:06

Hi, I'm a single mum of 2 living in Crabtree, like you all I heard were horror stories when I said I was moving here. We've been here 5 yrs now and barely seen/heard of any trouble, there's been none at all in our little bit

LocalEdPeterborough Tue 05-Sep-17 19:50:43

Hello Nikki,

I hope you have received the information you require to help you make a decision on the house. Moving to a new area can be difficult if you don't know the locality.

Good luck with your house hunting 😊

Pauline

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now