Moving to peterborough

(6 Posts)
DawnJohnson1967 Thu 12-Feb-15 20:59:55

Myself and my husband are looking to move to Peterborough but we have very limited funds £140,000.
We don't much like the new builds and would like somewhere older and possibly a little rural.
Can anyone tell me if there are any areas where we might find what we are looking for.
Thanks

LucyLight Sun 01-Mar-15 16:21:26

How many bedrooms are you looking for & are you prepared to commute?

Suebedo Tue 17-Mar-15 08:32:21

I'm not sure you'd get anything rural and older for that amount, but Woodston/Fletton is nice and you'd get a 3 bed house for that I think. There's plenty of Victorian housing stock. We live in Woodston near the river, so that gives you a bit of greenery. Farcet and Yaxley are a villages which you could probably afford, so you will be a bit more rural.

sussiliz Sat 03-Oct-15 19:16:19

Hi Moving to stilton need a place in year9 which schools do local mums reccomend?

Sal2121 Sun 03-Jan-16 08:51:15

I've only been in Peterborough just over a year but for that kind of money you are probably looking at orton gouldlay (apologies of I misspelt it) which all all likelihood will be ex council. Realistically,, new builds are probabaly a good option - Hampton is becoming a really nice area and there's always cardea, close to Stan ground (doesn't appear to have the best reputation but looks lovely for all intents and purposes,, and I know many who are happy living in the area). Generally speaking,, thefurther from town you are the nicer the area.. Good luck though smile

sussiliz Sun 03-Jan-16 14:17:54

Any one give me any help on schools? What's Sawtry high school like? Anyone have any experience of Kings or Hampton we will be in Stilton

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now