World Book Night

(3 Posts)
LocalEdPeterborough Thu 13-Mar-14 13:59:56

World Book Night is a celebration of reading and books, which sees passionate volunteers gift books in their communities to share their love of reading. There are also hundreds of events from small community gatherings to author readings and audiences of thousands. World Book Night is celebrated on April 23 in the UK, Ireland and the USA.

It is run by The Reading Agency - the charity with a mission to give everyone an equal chance to become a reader. Because everything changes when we read.

In the UK 35% of people don’t regularly read despite reading for pleasure being a globally recognised indicator in a huge range of social issues from poverty to mental health.

World Book Night is about giving books and encouraging those who have lost the love of reading – or are yet to gain it – to pick up a book and read. Line by line, paragraph by paragraph until they too have discovered the power of reading and the opportunities in life that reading can open the door to.

I am delighted to be able to say that Mumsnet Peterborough has been chosen as a "World Book Night 2014 Individual Giver"

The book I will be giving out is

59 Seconds by Richard Wiseman

59 Seconds

I have 10 copies to give away, if you would like to receive one please either reply below or email me on peterborough@mumsnetlocal.com

Mignonette Mon 17-Mar-14 19:25:22

me me me smile

AgaKhant Fri 21-Mar-14 13:55:05

Yes please smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now