moving to Pembrokshire / job offer Haverfordwest....any help appreciated/ houses/ schools/ ideas please

(5 Posts)
cobles1 Mon 28-Apr-14 22:12:37

Hello everyone /anyone.
any thoughts, help or ideas would be brilliant please.
my husband has a job offer in Haverfordwest. We have been up to visit today and its very beautiful on the coast. We have camped here lots and lots but I'm a bit nervous about moving here.
we have two small kids, one 6 and one 2 smile
Someone has suggested Roch as a good area for housing and schools.
we would be renting to start with....and if at all possible, we would love somewhere with 3 bedrooms and space for chickens.
We have no family here so it would be quite crazy potentially. We are I think quite friendly and hubby will be working at the hospital in Haverfordwest.

I'm doing lots of research and had a chat with a lovely local lady today. Could anyone kindly offer any thoughts please ? Thanks x

zilyes Tue 03-Jun-14 12:59:20

Hello

zilyes Tue 03-Jun-14 13:05:16

Hy I saw ur post.did u move?? I need to move too and I'm thinking about to move to Pembrokeshire Haverfordwest but I don't know nothing about the area and I don't have any family arround either. I got a 2 year old boy so I'm looking for good schools and shops ( don't own a car)

LocalEditorPembrokeshire Fri 27-Jun-14 10:39:52

Hi,

Pembrokeshire is lovely. It is lovely to camp and be close to the coast. :-) Stunning views here too. The advice I can give you is some parts are very rural without much public transport so if you don't have a car check out the public transport in the area you are thinking of moving to first and try and find somewhere close to the schools, shops etc. Haverfordwest is a great choice for you without transport.

Cobles1- I hope you find somewhere with space to keep chickens. It sounds lovely. :-)

Good luck ladies!

Let us know what you decide!

Best wishes,

Claire

HarriH92 Thu 23-Jul-15 13:39:15

Heya,
I'm from pembrokeshire and grew up in Roch! So I'm slightly biased when I say it's a lovely area but it's nice and quiet with lovely houses. I went to the local school which my mum has taught at for 30 years now! It always has very good inspector reports . There's so many local beaches too to take advantage of. Good luck with the move smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now