Playgroups/classes for 1 yr old Witney/Sumertown/Woodstock?

(4 Posts)
Wilderness15 Fri 31-Jul-15 08:14:00

New here from London. V grateful for any advice on toddler groups/classes/baby friendly cafes etc that are open in the summer... ?

I don't know many people here and don't know anyone with a baby - would like to! I'm in between Long Hanborough and Bladon. On a farm. Nice walks and cows but my daughter needs other babies! Been googling playgroups in Witney but starting from scratch... Anyone with local knowledge?
Thank you!

mumto3beauts Sun 09-Aug-15 11:26:42

Eynsham have a children's centre (orchard children's centre) which I use and at the moment they have a summer timetable, which they have a park stay and play on a Thursday morning at 10-11.30. They have lovely staff and are wonderful. Also a Wednesday and a Friday morning 9.30-11 there is a toddler group in Eynsham Baptist Church, it is £1.50 per family but this includes drinks and biscuit. Hope this helps a little. Gemma

Mumminox Sun 09-Aug-15 11:30:40

Kidlington also has a children's centre (poss called Kaleidoscope?) that usually has a summer timetable of activities. There used to be a nice playgroup in Begbroke but I am not sure if it's still running - very small and friendly. Good luck!

Binglesplodge Tue 18-Aug-15 14:28:05

In summertown, Barefoot Books is a lovely bookshop and cafe which is really baby friendly.

Seconding the Eynsham children's centre, it's really fabulous and the staff are great.

There's a bumps to ones in Woodstock on a Monday afternoon too, which also has the Health Visitor's clinic.

Welcome to the area: you're very close to me so perhaps we could go for a walk some time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now