Moving from France to Abingdon area

(5 Posts)
flossie11 Sun 23-Feb-14 14:03:59

Hello, I am new to mumsnet and moving back to the UK after many years in France with my DD, 13. I will be working in Bicester and have enrolled DD in the French section at the European school in Culham. We will be renting at first and I am interested in living in the Abingdon area initially. I would really appreciate hearing from anyone with experience of the school in question, what Abingdon is like to live in and what the commute from Abingdon to Bicester would be like... Big ask, sorry! It's such a big move and feels a bit daunting right nowsad Thanks!

LocalEditorOxford Mon 24-Feb-14 14:19:04

Hey - first of all take a deep breath. I've heard good things about the school, Abingdon is a lovely area to live in, as is South Oxfordshire in general and we have a good community of lovely local Mumsnetters - I'm sure one or two of us will turn out for a coffee if necessary!

Can't help on the commute, but hopefully someone helpful will pop by and make a suggestion smile

Good luck!

flossie11 Mon 24-Feb-14 14:50:53

Thanks for your kind message smile
Also thinking of living in North Oxford, there is a bus down to the school from the Banbury Road and would make my commute a bit shorter...

LocalEditorOxford Mon 24-Feb-14 20:01:22

North Oxford is meant to be great - feel free to ask here, but also try Mumsnet Oxford too (if you haven't already

Oxford2 Sat 01-Mar-14 08:09:38

Hi

Abingdon is a good place to live - and a good commute to Bicester - the commute from North Oxford will obviously be slightly shorter however rental and purchase prices are higher.
I have worked with a number of people who have sent their children to The European School at Culham and have been given good reports on it.
If you would like further information about the two areas or help on finding a suitable rental property - please do let me know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now