Welcome to Wallingford & Surrounding Area MN!

(38 Posts)
Capreece Sat 12-Mar-11 11:43:34

Hi and welcome to the new MN local page!

I'm the Tsarina for Wallingford, but I'd also like to invite MNers from the surrounding area to join in here to try and create the most vibrant and active local group possible.

Let me know if you're aware of any upcoming events you think would interest other members and please join the meet up section if you're interested in meeting some other MNers in the area!

I look forward to hearing from you all :-)

Capreece Sun 08-Jul-12 07:24:39

I've seen some adverts around for active birth classes which look good - I seem to remember they had something about daisies in thr name...

Alternatively there's Yoga Bellies, Louise Hurford (harmony of the heart), there's an ante and post natal pilates too with Martha Venner...lots of options in the area smile

CrowmarshGibbon Mon 10-Dec-12 08:41:54

Are any of you ladies still around? What groups did you attend in the end? Would you recommend them?

IonaBull Thu 20-Dec-12 08:47:30

Hello! I'm in Didcot and go to quite a few groups. Signs2 rhyme is great as is Busy Bees. Also the toddler splash at the wave is good fun. Whereabouts are you Crowmarsh?

CrowmarshGibbon Thu 20-Dec-12 15:26:20

Clue's in the name Iona - anyway, I think we might be acquainted ;)
I was thinking of starting ballet in Didcot in a few months. Baby Gibbon has just started walking and I'll need something to help burn off some excess energy!

IonaBull Sat 22-Dec-12 12:25:53

Yes I should have realised that about the location! grin

Interesting that we might already be acquainted, I do know lots of people in the area. Do you already know who I am? Baby ballet sounds fun, where do they do that?

CrowmarshGibbon Sun 23-Dec-12 06:26:03

Baby ballet is at the cornerstone in Didcot. Think it's on a Thursday and they can go from about 18 months. A friend of mine goes and have a good review smile

BensonNoHedges Tue 29-Jan-13 12:40:44

Hello. I am in Benson (behind the wire).

How are you all?

Ninjasling Wed 06-Feb-13 15:04:21

Helloooooooo Wallingford! smile

harmonyoftheheart Wed 20-Feb-13 15:24:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

catbird8 Sat 25-May-13 11:19:12

Hi,
I moved to the Cholsey area about 6 months ago and am expecting my first baby next week. I don't know any other expectant mums or local mums and I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good place to meet some (I'm looking forward to being a mum but know I need adult conversation to keep me sane!!!). I've got a list of classes going on locally from PACT and websites but I was wondering if anyone knows of any hidden gems they'd be happy to share??
Thanks for your help!

CrowmarshGibbon Tue 02-Jul-13 13:15:41

PACT's bumps and bundles from 10.30-12 on a Thursday is a lovely group and is followed by Baby Cafe from 12-2pm which is a breastfeeding support group and is well worth attending if you're hoping to breastfeed - ante-natal mums are welcome too and there's free cake.

Tums and Tinies is on Tuesdays at Mongewell Nursery in Moulsford and runs from 10-11.30 I think. it's free to attend and is run by the NCT but you don't have to be a member to go along.

Wednesdays is Baby Singing upstairs at St Mary's Church in Wallingford. There are three free sessions of 30 minutes each, 9.30-10, 10-10.30, 10.30-11 and the woman who runs them is lovely.

I think there are some more groups in Cholsey, too, but if you go along to the two above then you'll be able to ask the other mums which ones they go to. I think there's one called Little Fishes??

Unfortunately a large number of the groups will be going on hold over the summer holidays and won't start again until September, but the Thursday groups will both still be running.

Plentyofcats Tue 24-Sep-13 21:03:39

Dh and I have just moved to Cuddesdon near Wheatley and am due end of January 2014 with my first. Have no idea where to start getting hooked up with things like NCT classes / pregnancy yoga etc so any advice would be much appreciated!

LocalEditorOxford Tue 17-Jun-14 10:31:06

Hi PlentyofCats - sorry we missed your post. I hope you managed to find some good, friendly groups and have been enjoying your baby for the last six months! Do ask again if you want any help - or add listings and/or reviews for any groups or classes you found particularly helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now