took a trip to the stratford armouries today

(7 Posts)
twinklytoes Wed 22-Jul-09 22:35:11

here - had a great afternoon playing in the play barn and in the outdoor area climbing over the pirate ship and castle. well worth the £4.50 entrance fee for over twos - we were there for four hours. food was expensive but was incredibly nice, they even make their own chicken dippers from free range chickens (did wonder if they'd stolen a mumsnet recipe wink). the museum also worth a visit, especially if you've got boys though my 6yrold DD loved it, especially the tanks.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 23-Jul-09 18:31:00

Ooh thanks for that - was looking for somewhere to take the urchins next week

twinklytoes Thu 23-Jul-09 21:22:39

here's another for you, not been yet but always up for freebie, interesting outings!

the lower clopton farm trail on the b4632 long marston road, south of stratford. it claims to have circular walks with picnic areas with loads of points of interest - ant hills, barn owl hunting. details here

whomovedmychocolate Thu 23-Jul-09 21:31:24

Ooh ta!

Have you been to Burton Dassett country park? www.warwickshire.gov.uk/web/corporate/pages.nsf/(DisplayLinks)/2F63F883BA2676A480256B7D004D412D
That's excellent for kite flying / sheep chasing.

twinklytoes Thu 23-Jul-09 23:15:23

yep, burton dassett is a regular jaunt. the dds always look out for the tower from the m40 when we're travelling back down from warwick.

we've just discovered the footpaths across the fields that link us with wroxton. dd1 has decided it forms part of the salt way (it doesn't!) and so we go off looking for salt!

whomovedmychocolate Fri 24-Jul-09 23:14:40

I never realised the tower you see on the M40 is from there! shock. May I ask where abouts you are in Oxfordshire? We're in a village south of Banbury.

twinklytoes Sat 25-Jul-09 19:33:16

banburians!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now