Wheatley Park School

(8 Posts)
wishiwasinbarbados Tue 02-Jun-09 13:02:57

Is WP School really as bad as it's reputation?

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 02-Jun-09 13:49:22

Message withdrawn

wishiwasinbarbados Tue 02-Jun-09 19:37:14

Hhmmmm.....
Anyone else know anything??

LightShinesInTheDarkness Tue 02-Jun-09 19:39:58

I know someone that works there and she says she despairs of the behaviour of some of the children. But that might not be specific to that school - I mean, we are talking teenage boys!

wishiwasinbarbados Tue 02-Jun-09 20:40:57

Not looking good is it.

LightShinesInTheDarkness Tue 02-Jun-09 21:04:47

barbados - do you have any particular concerns? You can only make up your mind once you've been and had a good look round for yourselves.

Schools seem to go up and down - Wallingford, Icknield, Larkmead, DGS have all seemed to fluctuate depending on the Head. So, even if a school is not great now, it could be very different in 4 years, and vice versa.

Plus, a good kid will do well at school, with the right attitude and support from home.

Do you have other options?

wishiwasinbarbados Wed 03-Jun-09 18:37:43

No other options other than to move areas - a bit drastic really.
Bullying scares me, and whether a bright child will get picked on because it isn't 'cool' to do well. (presuming my kids will be doing well hmm.
Have got a few years yet, but am always interested to hear what the general opinion is.
From what I've seen so far the attitude of some children is quite threatening.

MusicalMummyJules Sat 06-Jun-09 10:35:54

Hey

My cousin's son is currently in year 9 at the school and although I had concerns, he does seem to be doing really well. He is a very bright and well-mannered child and I was worried he would get in with the wrong crowd and such but he does seem to be fine. Also, they seem to be doing a lot of things for the kids and it's a good atmosphere when I pick him up sometimes! As you say, you have a few years - as I do for my DD. I guess its hard to judge a school on what it will be like in a few years time, I'm planning on just going there and using my instincts!

Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now