2nd hand childrens clothes shop?

(14 Posts)
snail1973 Fri 19-Sep-08 14:02:41

Anyone know of a good 2nd hand shop for kids stuff - clothes, equipment, toys etc?

I'm in Haddenham, so anywhere around Oxford or over in Bucks would be worth knowing about.

Thanks

whomovedmychocolate Fri 19-Sep-08 21:38:34

The NCT sales are worth having a look at - but I don't know of any shops round here, sorry.

BBBee Fri 19-Sep-08 21:43:30

what is it you after?

there are a lot of good charity shops around but cannot think of second hand shop.

(btw congrat WMMC grin)

whomovedmychocolate Fri 19-Sep-08 21:47:02

Oh thanks BBBee (on DS I assume?) I'm having a major clear out of stuff so do post what you need snail.

BBBee Fri 19-Sep-08 21:49:51

yes - was it ages ago then? I am NEVER here anymore sad

whomovedmychocolate Fri 19-Sep-08 21:52:54

9 odd weeks ago - he's a big bugger actually now, have a lot at my profile pics - the first one was a couple of weeks ago. He was 7lbs when we left hospital, he's a couple of ounces short of 16 pounds now!

BBBee Fri 19-Sep-08 22:08:29

how wonderful - and good for you! What a glorious family you have made!

Opps - sorry for hijack - have loads of baby stuff hanging around if you want somethign specfic.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 19-Sep-08 22:13:15

BBBee - not bad for a couple who had "zero chance of natural conception" eh? I got that consultant this pregnancy actually - he was so embarrassed.

PigeonPie Fri 19-Sep-08 22:16:08

Snail, what sort of things are you wanting? I was going to recommend NCT sales as well, but the ones near us haven't been very good for clothes recently.

BBBee Fri 19-Sep-08 22:32:11

I know - it is wonderful. I caught your bit in red magazine and have told lots of people about it.

It is wonderful - it really it.

snail1973 Sun 21-Sep-08 21:47:30

Not really looking for anything specific, just get fed up with ebay and trawling charity shops !

PigeonPie Tue 23-Sep-08 22:24:15

Maybe we need to set up a 'bring and buy' sort of table top sale somewhere. I've got stuff I want to get rid of but can't be bothered to do a car boot or anything and I've found that clothes haven't been selling at the NCT sales near me which is a great shame as I have bought quite a bit from them over the years.

In fact, quite a bit of it, I probably don't want money for, just need to clear out the loft of the stuff that the DSs and my niece have grown out of.

snail1973 Wed 24-Sep-08 21:38:09

That's actually a good idea.

I also have stuff that really isn't worth trying to put on ebay etc as it's not worth much but it's a shame to chuck it all

Maybe we should just have a swap-shop morning somewhere?

VictorianSqualor Fri 26-Sep-08 14:33:26

16 pounds already wmmc?!?!
Blardy 'eck.
Must be your gold topgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now