Primary Schools - please tell me about yours!

(7 Posts)
wooflet Fri 12-Sep-08 11:30:12

Hi, we're moving to the area and flexible on where we can live - I'd love to hear recommendations for primary schools (pref village and not Oxford centre). Please can you tell me about yours and whether you'd recommend it?

thanks so much!

whomovedmychocolate Fri 12-Sep-08 17:17:42

We're in North Oxfordshire - so our locals are Bloxham and Deddington. Both have excellent reputations and feed into a well regarded high school in Bloxham.

You can look up their ofsted reports online.

Availability is limited round here though and also they are both church schools, although with a small c - we are secularists and don't have a problem with the teeny bit of 'god lite' they include in the curriculum.

wooflet Fri 12-Sep-08 22:47:17

thanks so much for that - I really appreciate it - off to have a look at the reports/websites now.

whomovedmychocolate Sat 13-Sep-08 07:58:06

You might also want to take a look at www.upmystreet.com - you just put in a postcode of the area you are looking for and you can see the various stats for the area. Click on local area on the left hand side (red text) to find out about schools.

whomovedmychocolate Sat 13-Sep-08 07:58:44

Upmystreet lists links to the ofsted reports btw - this is Deddington's www.upmystreet.com/local/schools/profile/l/ox15+0rh.html?schId=9313452

snail1973 Sun 21-Sep-08 21:49:00

We've just moved to Haddenham (large village with bus service into Oxford)- it has 2 primary schools and both have great ofsted reports.

VictorianSqualor Fri 26-Sep-08 14:31:33

I live in Bicester, and the school DD goes to is great most of the time. (Had an incident in nursery yesterday with DS2 but they have sorted it pretty well).

However, the two secondary schools are meant to be shite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now