Afternoon in Oxford with toddlers

(3 Posts)
redjumper Wed 01-Mar-17 16:48:38

I'm coming to visit Oxford and wondered if anyone could recommend things to do. We'll probably be there for one afternoon with 2 children aged 2 and 4. I'm heavily pregnant so something fairly easy going would be great!

HelenaJustina Thu 02-Mar-17 07:22:46

The Natural History Museum is great for that age, lots to touch and see and free trails/clipboards for them to do.

I love the Ashmolean and think it would be doable with those ages, especially if they had any of their under 5s/family events on, check the website.

The Story Museum is utterly brilliant, not free entry like the two above but worth it IMO, but I would leave longer than an afternoon to go round and it's not open every day.

In summary, NHM best bet I think!

whoneedswings Thu 02-Mar-17 07:55:17

Pitt Rivers Museum is wonderful and full of dinosaurs for the LOs. The nose bag is great for lunch, and don't forget the covered market. Then just have a gentle stroll around looking at the buildings (kids can look out for gargoyles!) and down by the river is nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now