Marston/Headington Primary schools

(6 Posts)
bootsncats Sun 31-May-15 23:32:08

I'm moving to Oxford and house hunting around the catchment area for New Marston Primary school and wanted some feedback on the school, and others in the area. Thanks for any help!

Phillpot12 Tue 21-Jul-15 17:59:43

A friend has children and she is very pleased with it. It is a mixed catchment but the head really improved the school but has now just moved on to a new place. The deputy is taking over so should be a smooth transition. We are in marston but St Nicks catchment.

thebellsofsaintclements Thu 30-Jul-15 15:06:40

Hi guys, just saw this. I'm moving to Oxford too, and considering Marston. smile Phillpot, can you tell me what Marston is like to live in? Is it family friendly, are there lots of kids activities, any particular streets to avoid etc?

shelllike Thu 30-Jul-15 15:10:45

I'm in Headington. Worth looking at Windmill School: they were rated Outstanding by Ofsted a couple of weeks back.

I don't know much about Marston Primary but the Old Marston is gorgeous. and expensiveq

Phillpot12 Tue 04-Aug-15 13:04:58

Headington seems very popular with families, bigger with more shops, baby groups etc. marston suits us as it is near to our jobs summertown/kidlington and means we can manage with just 1 car. Old marston village is lovely, nice old houses etc but pricier. There is a good sure start children's centre with a sports centre up the road on the way to summertown. Depends on what age your children are really.

bootsncats Wed 05-Aug-15 11:18:50

Thank you all for your replies. I would agree with Phillpot12 regarding Headington.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now