Any useful contacts for renovating a house in south Oxfordshire?

(4 Posts)
ireallyhavenoidea Sun 04-Nov-12 22:36:40

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I did post on the property board and got some replies but someone recommended that I post on here for local advice.

Will take a look, thanks Bilbo

Bilbobagginstummy Sat 03-Nov-12 21:51:28

Depending where you are in South Oxon, the Reading edition of this little guide might be of use to you. I used to live in its areas and found it to be a good source of people.
www.littlegreenbook.co.uk/ReadingIndex.htm

I recommend asking the vendors, the estate agents and the neighbours for recommendations. And do the usual thing of getting a few quotes: not just to get a price but to see what you make of the various tradesmen quoting and whether they are the sort of people you'd be happy to use.

Sinkingfeeling Sat 03-Nov-12 21:47:14

Watching with interest, as we're also renovating a house not too far away from Abingdon. I don't have any contacts to share yet, but you could try re-posting this on the property board, which gets more traffic.

ireallyhavenoidea Wed 24-Oct-12 20:48:05

Hi

It looks like we are going to get a house we have offered on (fingers crossed). It needs quite a bit of renovation and we need to get onto it quickly because we need to move in within a few months,

I have been watching the property boards for a while and know that money can be saved by buying online, using local tradesmen / companies rather than the bigger named companies etc. So, could I please ask for some 'insider' tips from people. Any recommended companies or money saving tips?

Also, if anyone knows a good builder around Abingdon ...

Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now