private scans in Oxford area?

(5 Posts)
marthamay Tue 09-Aug-11 09:43:33

Hello,
I am considering getting an early pregnancy scan to try and reassure myself that everything is ok (going a bit mental after previous mmc). I live in Oxford but can't really afford the £140/£120 that it cost to go to either the JR or to the beardsmill clinic close by.

I have noticed a couple close to Reading. One is called 'Berkshire Independant Scanning' and the other is called 'The baby scan studio'.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of either of these two clinics?

I don't need anything fancy, just someone who is going to be kind and sympathetic to a very anxious mother and to take the time to check everything.

Alternatively, if anyone knows anywhere else in the Oxfordshire area that they have had a good experience of....

Thank you!!!

fizzyelderflower Tue 09-Aug-11 14:15:25

I've been to
future babies in Reading for an early reassurance scan (at 8 weeks) and 3d scans later on. They have been brilliant every time and the scans start at around £80 I think.

MrsAlwaysRight Sat 13-Aug-11 20:54:11

I've also used Future Babies for both my pregnancies. Would recommend.

whomovedmychocolate Sat 13-Aug-11 21:08:02

You can pay for private scans at the JR. smile

whomovedmychocolate Sat 13-Aug-11 21:09:40

www.oxfordfetalmedicine.com/IntroductionOFM/ Laurence Impey was my consultant for both of my DC (problematic pregnancies) and we used both the NHS and private side of the fetal medicine unit and can highly recommend them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now