Ideas for under-5 activities during school hols in Oxford

(4 Posts)
ubwlondon Sun 31-Jul-11 21:08:15

Hello - my mum will be looking after our daughter, 3.5, for a few days in August and I am looking for some ideas what they could do during the week. She does not drive, so central/North Oxford preferred. So many activities seem to be term time only - do the children's centres close during the school hols as well? Any inspiration welcome!

Saracen Mon 01-Aug-11 00:52:44

I think the Ferry Leisure Centre does "bouncy fun" with a bouncy castle a couple of times a week through the holidays. You could ring and ask.

Various preschool music classes are running one-off sessions in the holidays. Both Salt Box Music and Monkey Music meet in North Oxford and I think each of them has one or two summer sessions.

Natural History Museum.

Botanic Gardens.

Steam train at Cutteslowe.

Science Oxford.

Oxford Playhouse and Burton Taylor Theatre have more kids' stuff on in August.

ubwlondon Sun 07-Aug-11 21:10:18

Many thanks, some good ideas here! I also found out that the library storytime and childrens' centre playtimes are on during the hols, so plenty for them to do!

RugbytotsWiltsandSOxon Thu 25-Aug-11 22:30:43

* Rugbytots classes now on in your area *

Fun Rugby based exercise classes for girls & boys aged 2 - 7.

Endorsed by NSPCC, Change4Life, CBeebies, Davina McCall and Lewis Moody England Rugby Captain.

Please go to the website for more info and to book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now