nurseries in Oxford

(6 Posts)
ShoppingInMySlippers Wed 20-Jul-11 15:06:12

Hello,
We're thinking about a nursery for DS1 for later in the year, by which time he'll be 2.5. Does anyone have any good recommendations in Oxford?

I'd prefer somewhere that's not too big & has a good outdoor space. He'll probably only go a few mornings a week so doesn't have to be open especially long hours.

thanks all.

Saracen Wed 20-Jul-11 22:02:01

Do you drive? Which part of Oxford are you in?

From what I've seen, the Montessori nursery at Forest Farm in Elsfield seems really nice, calm, and pleasant with plenty of indoor space, and they have HUGE amounts of outdoor space. Not easy to reach without a car though.

ShoppingInMySlippers Fri 22-Jul-11 20:26:09

Yes, I like the look of that one. The only issue is that you pay for three full days minimum, however many hours you want your child to attend. Ideally I'd like one where I can pay just for the sessions he'd attend.

Still, we live fairly close to that one & I've heard others recommend it, so it might be worth looking at.

aquavit Tue 02-Aug-11 14:00:08

We're very happy with Julia Durbin at the Churchill hospital, and they allow you to have only a few sessions a week.

Atwaroverscrabble Thu 11-Aug-11 18:56:25

I second julia durbin! Dd is almost 2 and loves it there! We started on just 3 half days a week

comixminx Wed 14-Sep-11 07:47:23

We take DD to Rose Hill nursery, run by the Co-op. It might be a bit big for you but it's friendly and they are great - good food cooked there out of mostly fair-trade ingredients, happy for us to use washable nappies, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now