Still need help with primary schools in the Banbury area

(6 Posts)
newbie01 Tue 28-Jun-11 13:37:32

Hi ladies

Will need to apply for primary school this year and was wondering anyone has any info about The Grange, Bloxham & Deddington. I know The Prisoner has told me that the Grange is ok!! (hope to see you soon by the way!!). I would be grateful to hear from anyone else - particularly aboutThe Grange as this is our catchment school. Many thanks :-)

theanimalswentintwobytwo Thu 30-Jun-11 21:33:52

The Grange School website here

Prospectus

theanimalswentintwobytwo Thu 30-Jun-11 21:34:38

I went to Bloxham primary school, but that was 16 years ago so don't think its worth me giving you my opinion on it...been TOO long.

Good luck

whomovedmychocolate Thu 30-Jun-11 21:48:31

I have info - I was offered Bloxham - is this reception?

If you do not live in the catchment you will not get either. They are both oversubscribed. There were 16 behind us in the list. Deddington is more oversubscribed than Bloxham.

Deddington is very churchy - high church churchy too. If you are okay with that it's okay, though they do have some issues with boys and behaviour.

Bloxham is improving - it did have a few issues, recently there were lots of traveller children but I think they've moved off - not that traveller children are all awful, but it did have an impact. Not very churchy or religious.

In terms of facilities Deddington is more formal for lower school, at Bloxham reception, P1 and P2 are all in together and it is VERY noisy because it's open plan. I did not like that aspect on visiting.

The head Matthew Ingalls is a good egg though - he will see you and show you round.

newbie01 Mon 04-Jul-11 11:47:47

thanks for the info ladies :-)

mayblossombitch Tue 16-Aug-11 16:06:16

The Grange School is lovely. My 3 all went there and loved it.

We live very close by and they are having a big extension built - new classrooms and a computer suite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now