Summer Activities / Day Camps etc

(3 Posts)
RebeccaandOllie Mon 13-Jun-11 15:16:05

We are relcating to Harwell in a week from Barcelona due to my husband´s work. My children, Oliver aged 4 and Sophie aged 2 will be starting at Abingdon Prep and The Manor in September, which means a very long summer for us! Does anyone know of any activities/summer camps in the area in August? Assuming it might be a bit tricky to get a place now. Also has anyone got any recommendations for any toddler groups to join or any good activities in the area for this age group. We are totally new to this area
Many thanks Rebecca

lozwp Thu 16-Jun-11 14:23:26

Hi there,

I live in North Abingdon and so can only recommend toddler groups in Abingdon if that's any help?

The library does a fab rhyme-time session on a Wednesday. I go to the one at 9.30, but there is another one a bit later (11am I think?) My nearly two year old loves it as they do all the traditional songs and have instruments etc.

There are a few children's centres, but I've only been to one on Northcourt Road. They do messy play on a Monday morning and a less messy session on a Wednesday afternoon.

These groups are both free and will continue to run through the summer. There are others that I could recommend, but they will stop for the summer holidays unfortunately.

Oh and there is Snakes and Ladders -a huge indoor soft play centre in Abingdon and a smaller one called the Treehouse in Didcot.

Hope that helps.

Good luck with the move.

p.s. when I posted on here about moving to Abingdon someone recommended www.localtots.com and it's fab - has a list of what's on when.

RebeccaandOllie Wed 06-Jul-11 17:00:00

Sorry for delay in replying - have just seen your message. Thanks for the tips will check them out. We have been to Snakes and Ladders and will definitely try out the others. All the best, Rebecca

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now