Baby groups in wollaton

(6 Posts)
Simmy10 Tue 28-Nov-17 19:57:18

Hi. I have a two month old baby and as yet we haven't been to any mum and baby groups. I have checked which groups are available and there are a few in my local area (wollaton). I am hoping to go in the new year when baby will be just over three months and I might have built up the confidence by then! Wanted to ask if there are any mum's on here that use the baby groups in wollaton and how you are finding them? I am worried that if a group already has cliques I will lose my confidence (as i am a bit of an introvert)

ELT1982 Wed 29-Nov-17 20:28:43

Hi There, I’ve just joined mumsnet & saw your post, my little boy is 5 months old now, I can’t speak for the Wollaton group (I use the Cotgrave Sure Start one) but just wanted to say I’ve had a very good experience there (I was also worried about the cliques!) everyone is friendly and so I think you should go for it! (Or join the Cotgrave one!) you’ll soon make friends, there’s new faces every week at our group, it’ll be nice for you to get out from a social side but it’ll also be great for your little one and you’ll get chatting and pick up little tips and ideas, there’s also little extras (we had a ‘save a babies life’ training session this week) it’s daunting first time but then so is first time out doing anything with a newborn (well for me it was anyway!) smile

Simmy10 Wed 29-Nov-17 21:36:36

Thank you so much for replying!! It has made me feel better knowing that it was daunting for other mums too - I thought it was just me. I am happy to hear that you like the group you joined. It has given me the much needed confidence boost to try the local ones in my area ☺

ELT1982 Thu 30-Nov-17 08:57:40

You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy it, I’m sure you’ll have a great time and meet lots of new like-minded friends smile

Foxsox Thu 30-Nov-17 15:20:02

Hi
I'm not in Wollaton (moved into Leics) but my friend is and she runs a group locally (she is a nanny with her own daughter)
I'll get the details and pass them onto you

Simmy10 Fri 01-Dec-17 13:04:40

Aww thank you so much! ☺

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now