Win a family ticket to Awful Auntie at the Theatre Royal plus a copy of the book

(18 Posts)
LocalEditorNottingham Fri 20-Oct-17 10:00:14

We are extremely excited to be able to offer as a prize, a family ticket (4 people) to Awful Auntie at the Theatre Royal, on Wednesday 15th November at 7pm PLUS a copy of the David Walliams book.

'When Stella sets off to visit London with her parents, Lord and Lady Saxby, she has no idea her life is in danger! Waking up three months later, only her Aunt Alberta can tell Stella what has happened. But not everything Aunt Alberta tells her turns out to be true and Stella quickly discovers she’s in for the fight of her life against her very own awful Auntie!

From the award-winning producers of Gangsta Granny comes the world premiere of David Walliams’ amazing tale of frights, fights and friendship, featuring a very large owl, a very small ghost and a very awful Auntie!'

Suitable for 5+ years

Find out more and book tickets at Theatre Royal

To enter, please post in the thread below by midnight on Tuesday 31st October, with your answer to this question:

What kind of Auntie (or Uncle) would you really like to be?

The winner will be drawn on Wednesday 1st November and contacted by Mumsnet PM (please remember to check your inbox)

ThenBellaDidSomethingVeryKind Fri 20-Oct-17 11:26:21

I am hoping to emulate my own sister who's a fabulous auntie to my two dc. She has authority, but a streak of fun that the kids love. She's not simultaneously trying to get boring household tasks done when she's visiting, either!

Mercedes519 Fri 20-Oct-17 20:23:56

I’d like to be like my Aunty H. She never minces her words but when she said something nice it really meant something!

Tigertoes Sat 21-Oct-17 17:31:46

I'd like to be an awesome auntie, but my little nephews are right at the other end of the country so they have to make do with an online auntie most of the time. When we do meet up, I love doing all the jump-in-mud and inspect-a-mini-creature messing about and dawdling that can fill an entire afternoon with nothing but fun. And then a massive sticky party-style tea, a splashy bath and lots of stories. Bliss

hutchy73 Sun 22-Oct-17 00:16:19

Unfortunately all my nieces and nephews live miles away so hardly see them - wish we were closer as my son loves his cousins. My son has just been reading demon dentist at school and loves the humour - fingers crossed

plentyofshoes Mon 23-Oct-17 14:44:10

I would like to be kind of Auntie who takes my niece and nephew to special new experiences like the theatre Royal. A rare treat.
I have happy memories of outings with my Auntie when I was little which I treasure. I would like to be the kind of Auntie who spends quality time with them. Most of all want to be the favourite Auntie!

MillieMaddieMabel Wed 25-Oct-17 09:31:14

I want to be an awesome aunty that my niece and nephew adore,
To give them treats and fun days out and lots of surprises in store!
I want to give them the time of their life, when we meet up for fun,
To splash in puddles, run in the mud and eat sticky sweets, so thyre all messy when i give them back to their mum! hehe!

Sleepysausage Wed 25-Oct-17 19:39:11

I'd like to be 'always there for you' auntie

LocalEditorNottingham Sun 29-Oct-17 17:39:13

Last two days to enter smile

Lovingauntie Sun 29-Oct-17 18:04:03

I hope I am the best auntie to my most amazing niece! We have tons of fun, but can talk about serious stuff, too. I love her more than anything!

hoops120 Mon 30-Oct-17 10:50:58

With my nephews, I always tried to ensure that we had lots of fun, but we were firm (but fair) when needed.
It seems to have worked ok, as we see them and our 4 great nephews and nieces regularly

CathyLB1 Mon 30-Oct-17 18:40:15

I believe i already am the kind of Auntie i would like to be. My sister would lovingly describe me as a 'bad influence' but my nephew calls me Mad Auntie Cath. My sister gets revenge, our roles swap when it comes to my own daughter.

Zeezeebo Mon 30-Oct-17 21:35:12

I like to think I’m a quirky Auntie. Someone who loves to have awesome adventures with my nieces and nephews. I’m always there for them all. And they know we can have lots of belly laughs and get up alsorts of strange but fun things. I love to be unpredictable and turn up to my sisters house and take my nieces out for the day to a country park or other fun place. They know they can have a good time with me but also know where to draw the line. I love having fun with my family x

bean123 Tue 31-Oct-17 08:41:01

I'd love to be an awesome aunty. I'm an only child so whilst I might not have the luxury of being an aunty. I have lots of godchildren and my husband has a brother so fingers crossed!

So I would like to be an awesome aunty!

Adventurous
Warm
Enthusiastic
Stable
Observant
Motivated
Entertaining

Affectionate
Understanding
Nurturing
Tenacious
Young at heart( even if not so young on the outside!😉)

Thank you! It was great food for thought doing this!

Hazydayz7272 Tue 31-Oct-17 13:45:49

I hope my niece finds me witty, honest & a good role model to encourage her to be herself! She will most definitely think I am ace when I win these tickets for her thlgrin

treetrunkthighs Tue 31-Oct-17 21:57:00

I would just love to be an auntie - come on wee brother, sort it out!

I would spoil them rotten, do lots of overnight babysitting and day trips and eating out.

Fingers crossed I might get the chance 😜

LocalEditorNottingham Thu 02-Nov-17 12:01:38

Congratulations to our winner Hutchy73 commiserations to everyone else and thank you all for such lovely answers. flowers So many Awesome Aunties (and would-be aunties, godparents, parents and friends) around here! grin

LocalEditorNottingham Thu 02-Nov-17 12:05:29

Oh and do look out for our various, rather excellent 'lead-up-to-Christmas' competitions, coming up, right here, very soon and... now! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now