Unusual wedding venue recommendations

(7 Posts)
FairytaleOfSkegness Fri 07-Apr-17 11:40:56

I'm looking for somewhere unique and cheap to hold my wedding reception. Would ideally like the option to cater and decorate myself. Outdoor space would also be a big bonus!

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful!

FairytaleOfSkegness Fri 07-Apr-17 12:07:34

Just realised I sound a bit over the top in my first post! I'd be happy with a nice community hall. Preferably one that is happy to have an event go past 10pm though!

defineme Fri 07-Apr-17 15:04:52

Where abouts in Notts are you? I live in West Bridgford and can think of several church halls that hire out nice rooms with kitchens and tables for parties at very low prices, or there are a couple of 'clubs' with bars too. The registry office here is in the park and lovely.

FairytaleOfSkegness Sat 08-Apr-17 10:24:32

That sounds perfect defineme I live in Sherwood but I'm getting married at Nottingham council house so it's pretty central to head to anywhere next!

MrsBungle Sat 08-Apr-17 12:02:05

How about the hockley arts club in town? It's lovely. The room above the embankment pub at Trent bridge is lovely.

FairytaleOfSkegness Sun 09-Apr-17 11:38:15

Thanks Mrsbungle I shall have a look into them both

defineme Mon 10-Apr-17 00:16:26

The Boat Club and The Nottingham Britannia Club (the Brit)are both just over the Trent from the Embankment by the river and I can recommend an excellent local covers band called Splinter Cell that I have seen at parties at both venues, people tend to spill outside at both venues as next to river, and there was a BBQ/ hog roast outside for a wedding at one. Or I have hired LadyBay All Hallows Church hall and kitchen for a party, only a little courtyard but very cheap! .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now