Advice on areas & working in Nottingham

(11 Posts)
user1486287257 Sun 05-Feb-17 09:44:32

We are relocating to Nottingham and would like some up to date advice on areas. We prefer to live near Wollaton but not necessarily in it. We have been advised on Stapleford and Toton - and quite interested in these areas.

Also, can anyone give advice on finding work in Pharmaceutical companies nearby? Thanks !

Neshobe Sun 05-Feb-17 10:38:36

Hi,

Can't comment on pharmaceutical companies I'm afraid.

But re areas to live, it depends on your budget and if you need schools. Other nice areas I would think about if I wanted that side of town might be Bramcote is right next to Wollaton and lovely. There is also Beeston, which has the tram and a busy high street. Attenborough is lovely too, but a bit more villagely/rural.

Nottingham is a great place to live.

Good luck with your relocation

PuppyMonkey Sun 05-Feb-17 11:06:28

Erm, re pharmaceutical companies, you do know Boots is based in Beeston don't you? grin

My sis lives in Bramcote and it is nice there. Stapleford (or as it's more commonly known Stabbo) not so much.

PlugUgly Sun 05-Feb-17 11:08:28

Chilwell is over that side, next to Beeston but a more 'naice ' area than Beeston which is a bit rough

PuppyMonkey Sun 05-Feb-17 11:26:47

Oh yeah Beeston Fields Drive, it's dog rough there. confused

cashmerecardigans Sun 05-Feb-17 15:37:40

It's not quite the areas you've suggested, but Ruddington is lovely, really nice village feel, good shops, doctors vet etc and really good pubs. Also next door to the country park. It's south of Nottingham, but very close to the A52 so great if you're working at Boots head office or the university

PlugUgly Thu 09-Feb-17 06:41:46

Agree Ruddington is lovely, well worth a look

PlugUgly Thu 09-Feb-17 06:42:43

I would go so far to say the south side of Nottingham is much nicer

DanielaR77 Mon 20-Feb-17 09:00:08

Mapperley top, Gedling and Arnold are nice too. There are good schools

WiggleGinger Mon 20-Feb-17 20:10:39

I would agree that Stapleford is not the way choice. Woolaton Beeston and Bramcote are nicer.

I also agree on moving along the ring road slightly towards Ruddington.
Arnold is a bit hit and miss and going over Mapperley top into feeling and Colwick is oerhaps a little out of your way.

MiaowTheCat Sat 25-Feb-17 13:03:27

The MN tendency is to really really sneer at Stapleford - but actually I like it here. It's got lots going on, a real community feel to it (the other day half the street were out helping others repair the damage from Storm Doris) and yep it's got its rough around the edges bits - but I feel safer and more settled here than I've done in most places. Near enough to the tram to be walkable easily, but far enough away to have avoided the bulk of the tram works disruption.

Sorry but I just get bloody fed up seeing a decent enough place knocked down constantly out of sheer snob value just because it's not sodding West Bridgford.

Fucking snobs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now