Moving mid school year

(5 Posts)
buntymcfun Sat 28-Jan-17 19:22:56

Hi all

I wondered if anyone could help. It's likely we are going to be moving to Nottingham around Easter time. I'm looking at West Bridgford as it looks like a good area. Does anyone know what would happen regarding schools though? I have a 7 year old and 5 year old so would ideally need the same school for them. Do schools keep back spaces for people moving to the area part way through a year? Also can anyone recommend any good schools in the area? Thanks so much

Silenenutans Sun 29-Jan-17 11:12:35

Hi there,

West Bridgford is a good area, partly because of the very good schools - which are almost all oversubscribed. I don't know about the in-year application process but schools won't hold back places, no.

The good news is that all the schools in the area are good. The bad news is the over-subscription, so I don't think you could necessarily expect to get both children in to a local school straight away.

The ones that might not be over-subscribed could be Greythorn and St Edmund Campion (though that's on its way up again now, after a blip 2 or 3 years ago). Not sure about those around the edges of the area but the central ones are all very popular.

Good luck!

LocalEditorNottingham Mon 30-Jan-17 10:46:10

Hello smile

We can help with information on schools. If you go to our 'Schools and Education' section and look up primaries in West Bridgford, then click on ‘Get more information’ for the schools you’re interested in, a new tab will open for each one, showing useful statistics side by side, for easy comparison.

The in-year application process is set out on the Council websites. West Bridgford is administered by Nottinghamshire County Council. Some neighbouring areas e.g. Wilford, as well as everything north of the River Trent, are administered by Nottingham City Council.

Talking to council staff seems the obvious thing to do, they'll know about existing waiting lists, as well as the process itself.

If you're interested to know more about other Nottingham neighbourhoods, I'm sure posters here can help.

LocalEditorNottingham Mon 30-Jan-17 16:23:03

p.s. that 'everything north of the River Trent' wasn't quite right - the area directly north of WB is City but some suburbs to the west, east and north of Nottingham are also County.

buntymcfun Mon 30-Jan-17 22:55:58

Thanks to both of you for your response smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now