Win a children's birthday party at The Lost City Adventure Golf

(7 Posts)
LocalEditorNottingham Mon 03-Aug-15 13:53:00

The Lost City Adventure Golf Birthday Party Competition

'To celebrate our 2nd birthday, we're giving away a free children’s birthday party for up to 12 people, to a lucky Nottingham Mumsnetter. To be in with a chance to win this fabulous prize, all you need to do is tell us what your greatest adventure has been, in 100 words or less.’

Post your adventure in the thread below, by midnight on Friday 14th August.

The winner will be notified on Saturday 15th August – The Lost City Adventure Golf’s birthday! – and must respond by noon on Wednesday 19th August to claim their prize.

The prize will be valid for 12 months from the 15th August but must be booked within 6 months.

Find out more about The Lost City Adventure Golf and their children’s parties here

ColinWhittle Tue 04-Aug-15 13:42:55

My greatest adventure was leaving south London for Nottingham with just a plan and a few bags. Working my way from kitchen porter to lecturer of professional cookery, meeting my fantastic partner and starting our family, getting a mortgage and living the dream all within 15 years. Life is one big adventure, find an adventure and live it!

evatrelfa Mon 10-Aug-15 16:32:50

My greatest adventure, was an adventure of a lifetime. I went backpacking in Australia when i was 20. I worked in coffee bars along the way. I went to big cities and also the outback. I made some fabulous friends and had the time of my life!!!eeting Meeting Wallabies on the beach, seeing freshwater crocs in creeks and stunning sunsets! It was the biggest and best adventure i will ever have.

Silenenutans Mon 10-Aug-15 23:34:02

Thinking about this from small daughter’s point of view, as she’s the one who’d like to win the party, her greatest adventure has been… everything she’s done for the first time. Visiting the beach, walking through woods, climbing to the top of the slide by herself, going on a bus, riding her bike, staying at Granny’s house overnight, going on holiday, ice-skating (aka falling over repeatedly - loved it). Every new adventure is her latest greatest adventure.

Growingflowers Fri 14-Aug-15 11:06:36

I asked my daughter (10) to write the entry as it will be her that would be having the party if she won.

My greatest adventure was last time I went to The Lost City Crazy Golf with my dad and I only lost by two points but every hit was epic. Every swipe at the ball made me feel like a knight in shining armour taking a swipe at enemies with a jewelled sword and every time my ball went in a hole another enemy lay dead. As I completed the final hole I felt the warmth of victory.

readering Fri 14-Aug-15 21:55:56

My greatest adventure has been the wonderful, delightful experience of raising my daughter. Every day is an adventure never knowing quite what lies around the next corner. Seeing her delight at the prospect of riding a bike, having peas for dinner or going for a walk in the park. The adventure is never knowing if tomorrow peas may be a terrible idea but always knowing that skipping with her on my shoulders will be fantastic.

LocalEditorNottingham Sun 16-Aug-15 10:14:55

Thank you all for your wonderful entries. Congratulations to our winner, Growingflowers We hope your daughter has a fantastic party at The Lost City smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now