New to beeston

(7 Posts)
FlossyCharl Fri 17-Apr-15 06:15:03

Hi, we just moved from London this week to Beeston for my partners job. My daughters going to do two days in nursery on Mondays and Tuesday's . Can anyone suggest any good groups I can take her too on Weds/ thurs/ Friday's??? We are keen to make some friends and settle into the area. Also, are there any good family days out??
Thank you x

FlossyCharl Fri 17-Apr-15 06:15:37

Oh and she's 18 months!!

LocalEditorNottingham Fri 17-Apr-15 10:55:17

Hello FlossyCharl,

Welcome smile

We have lots of Beeston toddler groups listed (scroll down, they're mostly but not all, clustered together): Toddler Groups

Also lots of pre-school classes.

Days out, yes - look in our 'Things to Do' section at 'attractions' and in 'What's On'. Obvious thoughts are that close by you have Lakeside Arts Centre (they do 'Tiny Fingers Tiny Toes' classes for 18mo - 3yrs on Thursdays and lots of events - see all the Wheee! Children's Festival listings in May half-term). Also Attenborough Nature Reserve and Visitor Centre (nice cafe).

This article has some suggestions for places to visit in town and further afield 24 Hours in Nottingham

To find all our listings for Beeston, put 'Beeston' in the 'quick search' box on the homepage. They come out in a muddle, groups interspersed with schools and dental surgeries but it might give you an idea.

Other than that, did you see the 'anyone in Wollaton / Beeston' thread just down the page? I'm sure other people will have ideas and recommendations too.

Enjoy Beeston!

Charlotte

frances22 Wed 17-Jun-15 23:32:52

This may be too late. There is a good toddler group in chilwell road Methodist church on a weds morning. There is messy play on a Weds afternoon at 2pm and sure start central. There is not much going on on a Thursday in terms of toddler groups. On Friday there is a group at the Plessey club in beeston rylands at 9:30.

Wollaton park is a nice place to go with a toddler and Attenborough nature reserve is local. Nottingham contemporary art gallery do children's activities in the holidays and at weekends. Would recommend Sherwood pines for a day out. Also Highfield's park on the uni campus is good for children and toddlers and often has family activities. Bramcote leisure centre does swimming lessons for toddlers.

Welcome to Beeston. I love it here smile

karba163 Thu 18-Jun-15 10:38:17

Hello,

We are in a very similar situation - moving to Beeston in July for my husband's work, we have a two-year old daughter. I have checked several playgroups and activities, however, it looks like most of them don't run over the summer holidays. Any experience/recommendations of summer classes? Many thanks for your help!

frances22 Thu 18-Jun-15 13:08:52

The only toddler group that I know of that runs in the holidays is Rainbow club at beeston rylands Methodist church on a weds morning at 10am (only costs 30p). The people that run it are lovely.

karba163 Thu 18-Jun-15 17:11:03

Thanks for the tip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now