Nottingham Girls High School - any reviews/advice?

(3 Posts)
Neshobe Wed 10-Dec-14 16:07:15

I grew up in Nottingham and are thinking of returning to live there with my husband and two daughters. Considering sending my older daughter to NGHS to start in Reception. Does anyone have any more recent reviews of the school they would be willing to share?

I grew up in West Bridgford, trying to decide where to live if we move. Does anyone have any thoughts about Mapperley Park, Woodborough, Lowdham, Lambley, WB even? What is the commute like to the school from those areas?

Many thanks!

LadyMaryLikesCake Wed 10-Dec-14 17:30:53

My son's at the boy's school and from what I can see of the girls they are all really polite and well mannered. The boys school will be accepting girls from next year. They are extending the tram which drops off at the boys school and it will be going from West Bridgeford if this is any use for you.

Silenenutans Wed 10-Dec-14 22:39:34

NGHS Junior School came out really well in a ranking exercise in the Sunday Times recently - unfortunately behind the paper's paywall now but there's a press release about it on the school's site.

My experience of both areas is that Mapperley Park is very quiet (except for the red-light area at the far southern end). The housing is of similar style and price to WB but without the smaller houses. I'd think that a lot of children from MP go to the High School, partly because the nearby state schools didn't have brilliant results, last time I looked.

WB is much bigger and more of its own little town of course. State schools are good but bursting at the seams. I imagine its 'babyville' demographic has expanded since since you were here? Lots for children to do though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now