Back by popular demand... anyone free for a cup of tea, or glass of wine?

(94 Posts)
LocalEditorNottingham Tue 26-Aug-14 23:30:40

... with cake? cake

After a lovely meet-up in July and quite a few people saying they'd like to come another time, it seems time to arrange that other time.

How does Thursday 18th September sound to anyone?

LadyMaryLikesCake Thu 28-Aug-14 11:51:54

<sniffs> Cake? Oh... MEEE!!

blush

LocalEditorNottingham Tue 02-Sep-14 22:49:07

Is everyone really busy finishing their hols and getting the DCs back to school?

...Or does this tell us something about the relative attractiveness of wine vs brew in the title? grin

LocalEditorNottingham Wed 03-Sep-14 22:37:56

Right then, I've changed the title to include wine! wine

If other dates would be better we can discuss that too. Then we'll get onto venue. smile

LocalEditorNottingham Mon 15-Sep-14 19:48:21

Ok, definitely time to talk about other dates now grin

LadyMaryLikesCake Mon 15-Sep-14 20:25:02

Oh... wine grin

Can do other dates, work is bonkers! at the moment sad

LocalEditorNottingham Wed 24-Sep-14 23:03:35

Looks like it's just you and me LadyMary (where's everyone else gone since July? Is there something they're not telling us?)

How about we try to set a date, then other people are very welcome to join us? (Maybe if we just remind them there'll be cake and brew and wine too!)

Thursdays are stilll best for me, or maybe Friday mornings. grin

NannyPlumIsMyMum Thu 25-Sep-14 21:27:16

Hello ladies I would like to join you !
Would be vv grateful if you could PM your plans ��

tootssweet Fri 26-Sep-14 00:10:24

I could join too if that's ok?

Thursdays after work in town is good - Friday morning I have a wee one I need to collect from nursery, so probably not so good

JustAnotherJules Mon 29-Sep-14 01:25:02

Hi All, I have a brand new little one (2 weeks old) and would love to join your next wine/coffee and cake meet up if you're planning one in a few weeks? smile

LocalEditorNottingham Mon 29-Sep-14 19:26:57

Hi All,

Lovely to hear from you!

LadyMary and I had talked about doing alternate, or ad hoc, daytime and evening meet-ups (see the previous 'free for a glass of wine' thread). I'd envisaged this as a daytime one - but am open to suggestion, or to doing both soonish.

Shall we start by finding out which days people are free in the next couple of weeks? smile

Venue-wise, I'd thought of the cafe at Nottingham Contemporary, as it's relaxed, good for babies - spacious, plenty of high chairs, good changing facilities - and offers all the requisite comestibles grin Open to suggestion on that too of course.

LadyMaryLikesCake Thu 02-Oct-14 00:14:33

This keeps dropping from my 'threads I'm on' angry

Thursdays are good for me too cake Could do the 30th as I'm free all day (which is very rare) blush

LocalEditorNottingham Thu 02-Oct-14 22:32:09

The 30th would work for me, anyone else? smile

LadyMaryLikesCake Thu 02-Oct-14 23:00:01

Ohh... wine (or brew ).

LocalEditorNottingham Tue 07-Oct-14 20:18:57

I think we're just going to have to fix the date LadyMary and hope others can join us. (Please do - and no need to commit in advance, just turn up. The more people eating cake together, the better, IMO!)

Is the 30th still ok? What time's best for you? Anything between 10.30 and 3.30 works for me.

smile

LadyMaryLikesCake Tue 14-Oct-14 21:09:29

30th will be fab, I've made sure I have the day off grin Not too early, I need as much beauty sleep as I can get. How about 11:30am? smile

PLEASE feel free to bring your DC. Childcare is an absolute nightmare and costs a kidney and the more cake eaters the better I'm trying to diet wink

LocalEditorNottingham Wed 15-Oct-14 10:54:45

Great, see you there - cafe at Nottingham Contemporary - at 11.30am on the 30th Oct grin

We should be ok before the lunchtime rush but I'll try to be a bit early. Then we have the full range of brew cake lunch and wine options available!

It will be half-term, which means the gallery runs free drop-in family workshops 11-3 in 'The Space', on the same floor as the cafe (see our Half-term listings for details smile )

So, if anyone is thinking of bringing children, you can always entertain them there for a bit and won't feel your whole trip is wasted if they don't want to sit with us for very long. grin

LadyMaryLikesCake Wed 15-Oct-14 12:59:26

Oh, I love gallery drop ins grin Means we can be creative and I don't have to scrape glue off my floor! blush

Buffy81 Wed 15-Oct-14 17:28:24

Could I come along with my little one? We haven't had much time to get out and meet other mummies and babies and the same another friend of mine if she is free

LadyMaryLikesCake Wed 15-Oct-14 17:31:21

Of course you can smile You'll be very welcome, the more the merrier bring your friend and your mum, neighbour, person from the checkout at your local shop

icklekid Sat 25-Oct-14 06:47:35

Ohhh I had hoped to come last time but my ds was tiny and I was a bit ambitious! Hes now 15 weeks and generally a bit nicer wink will hope to meet you on Thursday!

LadyMaryLikesCake Sat 25-Oct-14 18:33:33

Oh, that's a lovely age. I remember ds being this tiny, he was adorable. He's 15 now and trying to grow a moustache. I've no idea how the hell that happened confused

It would be lovely to meet you all cake smile

charl2712 Mon 27-Oct-14 09:33:24

Hi I've only just discovered this site and looking to meet other mums as I'm a first time mum with a 5 month old baby and don't known any other mummy's really, so would it be alright if I could come along, if it's still happening?

LadyMaryLikesCake Mon 27-Oct-14 10:52:42

Hi charl smile You'll be more than welcome to join us so please do come along.

LocalEditorNottingham Thu 30-Oct-14 09:50:28

Looking forward to meeting people in a little while smile and to cake !

For identification - I seem to be wearing mostly navy blue today, maybe a green cardigan. Brown shoulder-length hair, glasses. Will be looking out for people. Hope that helps grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now