possible house move to south of Nottingham

(6 Posts)
snakepitsurvivor Sat 15-Feb-14 23:30:10

Hello

We may be looking to move to south of Nottinghamshire. Dh's job would be mainly in Nottingham but he would need to be in Leicester sometimes so south Nottingham has been recommended. Does anyone have any tips on nice areas with good primary schools. Looking at budget of £350k ish. Thanks

LocalEditorNottingham Sat 15-Feb-14 23:46:13

Hi there,

West Bridgford sounds ideal for you (including Gamston, Edwalton, Lady Bay, Compton Acres). Good primaries and secondaries - both secondaries are good and, as far as I know, all the primaries are too, just different sizes, grounds or lack of, locations, etc.

Also a good sized neighourhood with its own high street, cafes, parks etc but easy access into town.

Your budget will comfortably buy a good sized family house. There are a lot of 4 to 5 bed Victorian houses and 3 to 4 bed 1930s ones, as well as some modern detacheds in the £275-350k range.

LocalEditorNottingham Sun 16-Feb-14 08:33:42

Just to add - there is increasing pressure on school places, so don't assume that somewhere that has been in catchment for a school will necessarily secure you a place. It's quite possible to end up with dcs at different primaries, leading to different secondaries. So focus near the centre of a preferred catchment.

If your dcs are already primary age, I'd start with available school places and house hunt from there.

MrsJohnDeere Sun 16-Feb-14 10:26:49

West Bridgford seems lovely, and just what you're after.

We've just moved to a village south of there (I think, bit hazy on the geography still), on the Notts/Leics border. School places were a huge headache with our move. All the good schools were oversubscribed.

snakepitsurvivor Sun 16-Feb-14 13:38:10

Thanks, that is really helpful.

Godivacrappyname Mon 10-Mar-14 12:41:56

I would not go for ladybay or the bottom of compton acres though. they get a bit soggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now