Which primary school in West Bridgford?

(4 Posts)
Nottsgirl Sun 07-Aug-11 09:43:49

hi I hope some of you can help. My sons been offered a reception place at heymann & Jesse gray. I've been to both, checked out the ofsteds & league tables. Still unsure. Has anyone got kids at either of these schools? If so can you tell me about pros/cons.

Thanks very much.

baffledmum Tue 23-Aug-11 20:59:40

You may get more responses if you post this on the main board.

Parents fought hard to get their children into Jesse Gray this year, there is an extra class of mainly catchment children & this may be why there is space.

TBH it will depend on what you would like for your child and what your circumstances are in terms of whether you have a sibling or siblings to consider. If you are out of catchment for either school think hard as there are growing difficulties in getting non-catchment siblings into schools in WB. If you are JG catchment with other children to consider, I'd say go with JG.

Also, parking is a nightmare at Heymann and less of an issue at JG.

Nottsgirl Wed 24-Aug-11 20:44:02

Thanks for the advice. We went with Jesse Gray and now we have been offered Greythorne! We cannot go to visit Greythorne until it reopens. Does anyone know anything about this school?

I wish we did not have the choice!

manic Wed 28-Sep-11 21:10:53

Which did you go for? I'm close to all 3 schools mentioned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now