West Bridgford Primary School

(11 Posts)
ColonelHathi Tue 31-Aug-10 22:07:23

Hello everyone, we are about to move to West Bridgford from London and wondered what people thought of West Bridgford Infant & Junior School? Their Ofsted looks really good but always best to go by what other parents think. Can anyone recommend other primary schools in West Bridgford too .... Jesse Gray? Heymann?

LeQueen Wed 01-Sep-10 21:30:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

2muchflab Mon 06-Sep-10 16:13:56

West Bridgford Infant and Juniors are fantastic schools, but beware they are over subscribed so make sure you are in catchment. I do know of three parents who were in catchment for Jesse Grey who managed to get their children into West Bridgford Infants though. The only downside with the Infant and Juniors being seperate schools is if you have children in both schools I know from other parents that it can be awkward dashing between the two schools for pick up etc.
All the schools in West Bridgford are good and it is really a case of visiting the schools in person. Both the West Bridgford School and Rushcliffe School are fantastic secondary schools with both school achieving over 80% for GCSE passes inc. maths and english.
We moved from London four years ago and love it here, infact there are a lot of people from the london area.

ColonelHathi Mon 13-Sep-10 20:13:42

Thanks everyone, really useful comments. I just wondered if anyone had any comments on West Bridgford Out of School Club and The White House nursery. I am trying to sort out a pre-school place for our daughter and not sure which of these providers is the best option. They both seem good but always best to go by word of mouth. Thanks!!

smokeybacon Mon 13-Sep-10 20:18:06

Both are good tbh. I know kids in both who are happy there. My DS goes to the WBOOSC afterschool club and the staff are great, as are the White House staff as my other DC is in the actual nursery there too. Not much between them really.

cremeeggs Mon 13-Sep-10 20:22:28

You need to visit both the infants and juniors and look beyond the glowing OFSTED reports to see if they are the right schools for your child/ren. I have had 2 DC go through both of these schools - one loved both of them and did very well. The other was failed miserably by both schools. Personally, if I had to choose again I would be inclined to go for Abbey Road school which seems excellent from everything I hear or maybe Jesse Gray. There is also an excellent school at Cotgrave (Candleby lane) which is very highly regarded for creative children with different learning styles.

jenniferturkington Mon 13-Sep-10 20:24:42

Ooh, I went there in the 1980s when it was Musters road infants and South County Juniors grin
I don't know anything about them now, sorry!
[useless response to OP]

ColonelHathi Wed 22-Sep-10 20:53:08

Thanks to all ..... we move to West Bridgford in 2 weeks and I have booked to see the White House Nursery shortly after we arrive. Also hoping to see the WBOOSC too. Hectic but all excited to be moving to the Midlands. My daughter has been telling all her nursery friends about her move to Nottingham and how mummy is going to make her a Snow White room!! xx

vonsy Wed 06-Oct-10 14:19:49

Hi,

Just wondered how the move has gone. Am moving to WB from Winchester very soon. Am also thinking of WB Infant for my 6 yr old and The White House nursery for my three year old.

Thanks

pamelat Fri 12-Nov-10 20:00:47

All West Bridgford schools good. Jesse Gray probably the best.

mykidsaregr8 Mon 10-Oct-11 06:29:32

WB infants and juniors are both lovely schools with great staff teams. There is the wboosc kids club attached which is also lovely and The Playroom nursery just near to the school also has an Outstanding Ofsted. I hear good reports about all of these all of the time.

Good Luck with the move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now