Moving to Northumberland

(4 Posts)
NCL2018 Fri 29-Sep-17 11:56:36

Hello, mums! We will be relocating to Northumberland after having lived overseas for some time. My husband is originally from Ryton and we are looking to buy a house in the area. We've seen a few houses in Prudhoe. Can you tell me more about the area (safety in comparison to Ryton) or do you recommend other nearby areas? My husband will need to commute to Newcastle for work. We have two little girls so nearness to good schools is important. Thanks!

memememem Fri 06-Oct-17 15:37:31

Hi there,

Prudhoe is nice - but I would recommend nearby Stocksfield. Really lovely and good connections into Newcastle. Hexham/Corbridge are both gorgeous too - though more expensive.

Good schools around that area as well.

NCL2018 Mon 09-Oct-17 17:32:00

smile thanks so much!

Prudhoemum Mon 20-Nov-17 22:06:27

Hello I love in Prudhoe but not from the area. We love it. A real sense of community, great local facilities and schools and you do get a lot for your money in terms of houses. Stockesfield is lovely but being so close to facilities such as library, doctors, softplay, high street gives Prudhoe the edge for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now