Advice for a South African moving to Newcastle

(3 Posts)
Talon13 Tue 14-Mar-17 14:20:26

Hi there
We are moving from Johannesburg South Africa to Newcastle later this year. I have a 14 year old, 13 year old and 2 year old. I have a number of questions and wonder if anyone can assist? My main concern is around the change in schooling, will my children adapt easily, is there anything we can do to prepare them better for the change in curriculum? What do the teenagers do after school, how would I keep them off the streets until I get home in the evening?
Also the cost of childcare for my little one is extremely expensive – are there any suggestions on the best route to go for full time care?
Then also - any recommendations on the best area to live? My daughter is a keen equestrian and we would like to be near the Gosforth area but ideally with a bit of a country feel?
Thank you!

RiffnRaff Mon 15-May-17 09:23:05

Hi, and welcome to the UK (well, when you get here!),
recommendations on places to live: if you want a bit of a country feel, a really nice place handy for Gosforth is Ponteland. House prices can be a little high but it's a nice village with good schools, and plenty of scope for equestrian activities nearby. smile
The best route for childcare might be to hire a nanny if your income will stretch that far. smile

Talon13 Wed 28-Jun-17 13:29:36

Hi my apologies for the late response - thank you so much, we have found a place in Gosforth, now to get my kids into a good school!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now