Moving to Northamptonshire. Help! Clueless!

(3 Posts)
MajaK Sat 02-Jan-16 15:43:21

Hello mamas (and dads),

We are a family of 4 (kids are 3.5yrs and 22months) moving to Northamptonshire from London (we are currently travelling), initially to rent, buy within a year.

We would like to be somewhere quaint, not too isolated and within easy access to M1. Very open minded as self-employed but need access to London too. Our budget is £300k max for a 3 bed house with a garage.

We are NOT looking for London away from London and are quite excited about the new beginnings but please do share your thoughts. From what I gather most people agree to stay out of Northampton itself but please recommend some local villages and share your local knowledge, pretty please!

Our daughter will have to start school in September and I realise we missed the admissions now, our little one needs a nursery. We may rent close to a good school, get her in then buy farther away.

OK, over to you, Lovelies.
Many thanks!

nicci87 Thu 28-Jan-16 22:16:43

Hiya, I moved here from South London in 2008. I started by living in Kettering which is ok. Its a smallish town (compared to London) and have a local train station. I currently live in Burton Latimer, which is about 10mins outside Kettering and is a small village/town. I much prefer it here, its a lot quieter and a nicer place to raise my son. You can get a lot for your money here. Let me know if you need anymore help x

SpearmintLino Thu 28-Jan-16 22:20:06

I'd recommend villages such as Flore, Weedon, and Great and Little Brington (just a stone's throw from Althorp House, Princess Diana's family seat. Pretty villages, with easy access to junction 15/16 of the M1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now