OMFG - i'm the first ever person to post in here!!

(18 Posts)
theUrbanDryad Sun 29-Jul-07 20:46:40

i'm ridiculously excited. hopefully we won't be living in Northampton for much longer (vain hope) so make the most of me while i'm here!!

so - whereabouts do the other Northampton MNers live? we're in Abington...

Bienchen Thu 02-Aug-07 19:25:00

Kettering; am planning to stay here for another six years or so!

lizandthomas Sat 04-Aug-07 19:33:38

Hi. I'm in Earls Barton, just joined mumsnet.

kittykat172 Sat 04-Aug-07 22:22:16

Im Kat im in corby im mum to 4 girls Hiya

Divvy Mon 06-Aug-07 20:21:50

Wellingborough here!

Eloant Wed 08-Aug-07 21:05:18

Hi I'm Eloise. I live in Northampton near the Racecourse park. I have a 3-month old daughter. I haven't really got the hang of this mumsnet site (no-one ever writes back!!)but if there are any local mums out there, please get in touch.

finky Thu 16-Aug-07 19:38:24

hi eloant / eloise
I live right mext to the race course too - i am so excited to see some Northampton Mums Netters!! I have a 7 week old daughter. Do you know of any local mums and babies groups?? Feeling a bit mummy mateless!!

FoghornLeghorn Tue 21-Aug-07 08:09:46

theUrbanDryad - had no idea you were in Northants too. I've just moved here - East Hunsbury

Jo71 Fri 24-Aug-07 11:51:12

Hi Moved From MK to Wellingborough 2 months ago have 1 baby 5 months am 36 and looking to make friends with other mums not sure about mums and tots groups as they are all so early in the morning!!!!!! would rather organise something in the afternoon at Costa Coffee so a group of us and eat cakes and drink coffee and discuss the colour of our babies poo in nice comfortable chairs without being told off because we are not breast feeding blah blah blah!!!!! anyone interested please please reply I am happy to do all the organising Northampton would be good!!!! Nice big Costa in Northampton

tasja Tue 28-Aug-07 12:00:10

Hi there
I'm in West Husbury from 01/09. Would love to meet up.

theUrbanDryad Wed 29-Aug-07 11:14:27

i used to live near the Racecourse too - on Cowper Street, but we moved when ds was born cause the flat wasn't big enough. we should definitely do a Northampton meet up, maybe go for a picnic on the Racecourse or in the park?

Finky Wed 29-Aug-07 13:23:02

A meetup sounds fun!

theUrbanDryad Wed 29-Aug-07 19:55:58

well when would people like to do it? i don't have school age kids, so not sure when people want to do it - do you want to wait till the kids are back at school? and what do people think about venues? is the park ok or would someone like to suggest a soft play or something?

let me know...

Jo71 Wed 29-Aug-07 20:45:30

I am easy only thing is it would have to be central as I don't drive due to epilepsy to be and baba go everywhere on the bus so Northampton would be good easy bus ride

theUrbanDryad Wed 05-Sep-07 16:10:20

well - shall we say the racecourse then? nice and close to the town centre so easy to get to from the bus station. although, Jo, where are you coming from?

if it rains we can go to the White Elephant (they have kids license)

any thoughts on dates etc?

theUrbanDryad Sat 08-Sep-07 13:41:02

anyone?

littledev Sat 15-Sep-07 13:55:10

hi, i live in Towcester, have two children, aged 5, and 3.5, and another due 25th April!!

GingGangGooley Fri 28-Sep-07 11:14:01

Helloooooo!!

Didn't realise they were starting a local page!

I'm Mum to an 8 year old boy and 16 month old tot!

Live in Northampton and have just trained as a Doula.

Has anyone else found that there is hardly ever any northampton mums on parenting sites compared to everywhere else! just me then

I used to live right by the race course but moved just out of town now so the kids can play out more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now