Free walks suitable for prams and babywearing

(3 Posts)
pika123 Wed 08-Jul-15 21:15:43

Hello

I am looking for any walks whether that is a park or nature reserve in northampton kettering area. Any ideas? Thanks

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 08-Jul-15 22:24:17

Fermyn Woods Country Park [http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/en/councilservices/Leisure/countryside/Pages/Fermyn.aspx near Brigstock] is very nice- the cafe serves lovely cakes. There are a number of marked trails through the woods - I probably wouldn't take a pram as they can get a bit muddy. The pay and display car park costs about £2-£3 for the day, the only machine is outside the cafe and you have to walk back to the car park to display your ticket.

If you have older children there is a fab play area and they often run quiz days during the school holidays where you buy a quiz sheet that guides you round the shorter walk while you look for the answers to the questions.

We usually go most half terms and my teen+ children come too - although I suspect that is for the tea and cake. grin

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 08-Jul-15 22:25:37

Oops - clickable link (hopefully) here - sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now