NEW MEET UP FOR HAAROGATE MUMS - WINE MIGHT BE INVOLVED!!

(10 Posts)
poppity22 Mon 08-Sep-08 22:05:11

CALLING ALL HARROGATE MUMS!

We're 2 local mums, new to Harrogate and we're trying to organise a meet up through Netmums.
The idea behind this is that we're going to organise get-togethers which will be completely relaxed, informal and totally unintimidating! We'd love a chance to meet as a group with the kids for coffee, days out and visits to soft play centres etc but perhaps more importantly, have the chance to meet socially without the children! And maybe, DRINK WINE!!

We're aware that Harrogate has loads of families with children and lots of people moving in to the area who need to meet other mums and make friends. We also know that it can be a scary time and that trying to meet other mums through things like toddler groups can be really hard.
So, we're going to make it really easy for you!! The first meet up is going to be on the morning of the 22nd of September which is a Monday and if you'd like to come along or are interested and want some more details, reply to this posting or add a thread on the Net Mums website at the Harrogate Netmums Meetup section.
We're are both really new to Harrogate so we're also looking forward to meeting some new people too.
Please contact us and we look forward to seeing you on the 22nd.

Gateau Tue 09-Sep-08 09:08:33

Great idea ladies!
Would love to meet up with you but can't do that day as I work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Next time you meet, could it possibly be a Thursday or Friday?

MadreInglese Fri 12-Sep-08 13:44:55

Did somebody say wine? On a Monday morning? Sorry but that's far too early in the day for wine for me, and I'll be at work anyway.

Might pop along if there's an evening one, will you post the info on here though as not many MNers will venture over to <whispers> the other side wink

RupertTheBear Fri 12-Sep-08 13:46:52

I'm a Harrogate mum too. Can't do Mondays as I work Mon-Wed.

HarrogateMum Thu 18-Sep-08 13:23:06

Sounds lovely but again am a working Mum so for me Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are out!

dook Fri 19-Sep-08 10:51:25

Hi that sounds just what I have been looking for, please send me more details

dook Sun 21-Sep-08 20:21:33

Hi , is anyone out there?? It sounded like a great idea, i would love to know more, is there anyone else out there who wants to get together?

I8toys Mon 22-Sep-08 10:07:54

Hi I'm a working mum also - anyone like to do wine and chat without the constant interuptions and nose wiping? Can do after school and weekends if anyone interested.

HarrogateMum Mon 22-Sep-08 12:39:47

I8toys - we should sort out an evening meet up really.....

poppity22 Mon 22-Sep-08 13:43:02

We had the first meet up today and 10 mums turned up with various offspring so a bit chaotic!
We realise that not everyone can do Mondays but it was the time that most of those who responded could make. However, after the success of this morning we've decided to meet fornightly and alternate the meeting times so that it will be a Monday one week and a Friday the next.
Also, we're arranging an evening meet up that will be on Friday the 17th of October probably at the Pitcher and Piano in John St. If you're interested you can mail me direct on Clare_woolaston@hotmail.com or get in touch through the net mums meet up section on netmums

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now