Private School Advice

(4 Posts)
Nicsywicsy Wed 08-Mar-17 14:30:05

Hi, does anyone have experience of Queen Ethelburgas School or Bootham? How does Bootham work with the Quaker ethos, we're not Quaker so slightly in the dark about what that would mean for my son. Also considering Cundall Manor which looks lovely.
Any good/bad experiences or knowledge would be really helpful, thanks!

Endmoor1405 Wed 08-Mar-17 21:10:47

The little girl (7) of the family I work for goes to Cundall and I think it's fantastic for her. She has got on so so well despite joining part way through a term and dropping back a year (late August baby). In the two years that I have known her she has developed really quickly with her reading and has come on particularly well in maths. They have lots of different extra curricular activities every day and they are really encouraged to enjoy themselves whilst learning.

I've not heard the best reviews of QE recently but those are mainly from the upper school perspective. Perhaps it is still good in the lower half? The girl I know who goes there is 16 and just calls it "ok" (although I'm not sure how much of that review is QE and how much is just teenager!!). It used to be a really fantastic school- especially for the equestrian side of things! We used to go there a lot and it was always really well organised so I'm not sure when it changed really!

janeyjampot Thu 09-Mar-17 08:24:09

There used to be lots of threads about QE on the main Education boards on Mumsnet, but QE threatened a number of posters with legal action, so they may not be there anymore. This may tell you all you need to know!

Nicsywicsy Thu 09-Mar-17 08:38:56

Eek thanks re QE! Cundall looks lovely will look into it. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now