Anyone out there?

(18 Posts)
GangstaWithAnA Tue 13-Dec-16 21:51:49

Just wondered if this board was still active?

Voicesinmyear Mon 06-Feb-17 18:25:05

Not sure Gangsta. It is very quite. Perhaps we can get a few more to join us <hopeful> smile

FadBook Tue 07-Feb-17 08:58:51

It's always been quiet.

Where are you both based?

I'm in Stoke. I always think I'm the only MNer of stoke!

Voicesinmyear Tue 07-Feb-17 18:43:52

I always think I'm the only MNer of Stoke!. They do exist, I've seen some on other threads, like the one the other week about local sayings but think they are rare.

Perhaps some more Stokies would like to post on here and say hello? <hopeful>

I was a Stokie but moved for love smile

YoureMyWifeNowDave Tue 07-Feb-17 19:37:52

I live between Newcastle Under Lyme and Market Drayton grin

Voicesinmyear Tue 07-Feb-17 19:40:33

Ohhh one of my Cousins lives near there. Don't think he's on MN though smile

FadBook Tue 07-Feb-17 23:39:13

I think with whole hacking thing a few years back, I'm reluctant to "link" my local profile and normal MN one (different username) as it made me more aware of how easy someone can stalk you and work out a lot about you from snippets of posts 😬 <paranoid> 😂😂

Voicesinmyear Wed 08-Feb-17 16:25:12

How do you know if they are linked?

FadBook Wed 08-Feb-17 22:34:45

I suppose not linked, but this username on the local site, isn't my username on the main site (it used to be so will be some old posts).

Voicesinmyear Thu 09-Feb-17 08:25:54

See what you mean now, sorry. Yes my usernames are different too, don't want anyone guessing who I am from the local posts and then following me on the main site.

DuckDuckDuckGoose Thu 09-Feb-17 21:32:28

Even before hackergate, where my username and pwd were published shock, it was always a bit too easy to find people, I recognised someone from my nct group on here (deliberately forgot their username but it was a wake up call not to overshare or out myself). Anyways, I'm in Castle ducks <waves>.

Voicesinmyear Thu 09-Feb-17 22:04:40

I'm not too far away smile

FadBook Fri 10-Feb-17 02:58:06

<waves at ducks>

It was probably me you recognised!
previously NCT involvement 😄

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Mon 17-Jul-17 19:37:54

Is it about time we had a mass coffee meet-up? In the spirit of waking the local site up a bit? grin

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Wed 19-Jul-17 17:37:40

<Tumbleweed> There can't just be me here?! grin

FadBook Thu 27-Jul-17 20:56:33

I'm here but I swear I'm the only MN'er in my home town. I even mention I'm on MN and people literally don't even know what it is 🙄

Where are you Sponge? I'm north of Stoke.

FadBook Thu 27-Jul-17 20:58:25

@SpongeBobJudgeyPants I also think parents in North Staffs are huge Facebook group fans. Some of the parenting groups have 1000's of people in and loads of threads that you'd see on here but with more "are you ok hon?"

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 27-Jul-17 22:29:48

Ah, yes...sounds right. I am in Newcastle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now