Moving to Norwich with my 11 year old daughter

(2 Posts)
Kez81 Sun 13-Dec-15 11:48:24

Hi, I wondered if anybody on here has moved to Norwich with their child/ren of similar age? I am currently living in King's Lynn, and my employment is due to end soon and I have been struggling to find anything else locally, and for a couple of years I have toyed with the idea of moving to Norwich, but I worry about moving my daughter, taking her away from her friends here. I would love to talk with anyone else that has made a similar move, and to hear about any advise you can give with regards to moving.

Many thanks

Kerry

Sparky99 Sun 13-Dec-15 22:45:38

Hi Kerry
I moved up to Norfolk from Oxford with my 10 yr old boys in July. One of them settled in immediately at the new school, the other has taken a while. Its been a bumpy ride but I think we have turned a corner now, and he is happier. I have done my best to remain in contact with their friends in Oxford, this is easier these days with email, Skype and shared computer games etc. We go back every couple of months to touch base with friends.
Norwich is a great city, your daughter may find there is more to offer her there. The first few weeks may be tricky, but she'll settle in. In any case, she would be moving to a secondary school soon wouldn't she?
Good luck - and be brave!
Sarah

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now