I want to move out of Brentwood to Norwich... But feeling very nervous!!

(2 Posts)
mooxi38 Thu 08-Jan-15 11:13:16

Hi All, I hope someone can advise me... I really want to move to Norwich/Norfolk But for the life of me I can't seem to decide where to rent! I am very nervous and excited at the same time. I am on my own with my daughter who is 8 yrs old and is at a really lovely school here, she is popular and happy little thing, which makes it harder as I'm pertrified I'm going to make the wrong move! The reason I want to move is because I feel totally stagnant living here and do not see a future. I find Norwich a really pretty city and the thought of a drive away to lovely beaches is also really exciting! So I want to move her before starting year 5 and senior school to ease her in ( Hopefully) it's a complete new start and I understand it will take time for me to make friends... So I'll get to the point! Would someone be able to give me some advice on nice places to live... Ideally If living outside Norwich City I would like to be at least a 20 min walk in town. What areas of the city are a nice place for children, safe roads parks etc... Social. Any advice at all would be very helpful as I feel my head is on overload! Thank you x

LocalEditorNorfolk Fri 09-Jan-15 10:01:38

Hi there Mooxi! Thank you for posting on Mumsnet. I hope you get some good response to your questions!

Norwich is a lovely place for children to grow up in, I would thoroughly recommend it!

If you are looking to rent, the "Golden Triangle" area is on the outskirts of the city centre and has a lot of rental properties available, although prices can be a little higher in some parts because it is such a convenient area for shops/parks/ to walk into the city centre. There is also lots going on for children and it is a very sociable area. If you are looking to go a bit further afield, there are some lovely villages around the outskirts of Norwich ie Hethersett, Thorpe St Andrew, Poringland, Plumstead (to name just a few) all of which are only a short drive or bus ride away from the City Centre, and lovely for kids again!

Good luck - Mumsnet Norfolk looks forward to welcoming you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now