Advice on groups for new parents

(3 Posts)
Holly1981 Mon 04-Aug-14 22:21:16

Hi there, I'm a mum of two little ones, and also a qualified occupational therapist . I'm thinking of setting up a group for new parents and would like to see if you guys thought they would be useful/popular/suitably attended! I had a couple of ideas that I'd lime your opinions on:

1- a mindful walking group: a chance to meet with other new parents and go for a wander with prams or slings, in woods and parks. The idea is for a bit of gentle exercise, whilst meeting other new parents, and being guided on mindful walking: I.e. How to experience the here and now and develop a sense of calm.

2- a meet-up group in which we use mindfulness based techniques to learn about our reactions to the stressful bits of new parenting, and positive ways to deal with these stressors.

Would be happy to hear any comments or feedback on these rough ideas, thank you! Holly x

T2014 Tue 07-Oct-14 18:46:35

Hi Holly, brilliant ideas, I'd love to join either group/both. Currently expecting my first, please keep us updated on these groups, I'll hopefully join in the new year!

Marabranches Wed 05-Nov-14 09:54:27

Yes please, that's precisely what I'm looking for! Though I'm currently back to work so would be great to have an evening alternative for the meet-up group.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now