Moving to Norwich in 4 weeks -help!

(4 Posts)
CallMeLoretta Sat 08-Mar-14 22:15:05

Hi

My DH has just got a job in Norwich, beginning mid-April, and we need to decide where to try and rent. We have a 2.9 year old and an 8 week old baby, and not much time to look around before we have to sort something.

We have some knowledge of the city, but this comes from living there as students ten years ago, so our priorities in terms of location and facilities may be somewhat different, with potential primary schools being top of the agenda. I will be a SAHM, so walkable/bus-able facilities, shops and parks are important.

The Golden Triangle is what we're familiar with, but we're not sure if it's going to be right for us now with a young family, especially as we might be priced out longer term.

We did think Eaton would be our best bet, but the primary school there seems to have some problems?

Cringleford is a bit of an unknown quantity, what is there?

Thorpe St Andrew looks nice, but not sure how easy it is to get into the city from there, and also not sure about schools or play areas?

Hethersett and Wymondham look like good options for outside the city, but have no idea what they are like to commute from and worry there would be a lack of rental properties.

Basically, all I've got to go on is a map and Ofsted reports so anyone with some actual experience of any of these areas would be really helpful, before I drive myself mad going from one to the other!

TIA

BlueEyeshadow Sat 08-Mar-14 22:27:00

Golden Triangle seems OK for families but very expensive and parking impossible. Eaton Primary has all kinds of problems at the moment. I don't know the other areas you mention. We're in Lakenham which is walkable & busable to the city. Ongoing saga with the schools at the moment but hoping it'll be resolved soon.

CallMeLoretta Sat 08-Mar-14 22:36:34

That's kind of what we thought re: GT. Will check out Lakenham, hadn't come across that, thanks.

CallMeLoretta Sun 09-Mar-14 18:15:28

Bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now