Meeting other mums

(4 Posts)
SamandZack Tue 21-Aug-07 12:06:11

I have a 6 month old ds and have been off work since he was born. I don't get the chance to get together with my friends much during the days, since they either work full-time or work part-time and on their days off are busy with their own families who are quite a bit older. I didn't really attend many ante-natal classes and so didn't bond with any local mums-to-be at that time and now find it difficult to integrate into the little cliques which have since formed . It would be lovely to be able to get together with other local mums for a coffee to swap war stories and have an adult conversation .

Theresa Tue 21-Aug-07 19:20:33

Wanted to give this a 'bump' for you and also to suggest you post on the 'meet up' thread as well. Where do you live? I'm in Whitley Bay but my children are 5 & 8 and I work. However I have seen arrangements for 'Newcastle' mums to meet up on the other thread. Good Luck. xx

SmudgeMum Sun 02-Sep-07 15:17:03

Hi SamandZack - I've got a nearly 7 month old and know exactly what you mean about it being hard to meet up with people. I've met up with a few people through the Newcastle meet ups thread which has been really nice. I live West of the City but it is easy to get into Newcastle if you fancy meetinng for a coffee at all. Let me know!

podywody Tue 11-Sep-07 19:01:30

Hi Samandzack, here is a link to the thread that we use to meet up, we havn't met in ages so are due another catch up soon.
newcastle meet ups

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now