Newcastle upon tyne

(6 Posts)
Ladybird168 Wed 17-May-17 21:36:52

Hiya, I just wanna help a friend to gather as much information as she can. Can anyone tell me about the living in Newcastle and is Gateshead a good place to raise kids. She have a 6 and 9 years old boys and wanted to know about any good secondary school in the area. She is now living in Surrey. And also how about the flooding area near those river.

kimlo Thu 18-May-17 07:39:50

St Cuthberts is good, but it is catholic and all boys. Does she have any idea where she wants to live?

Ladybird168 Thu 18-May-17 21:10:46

Hi Kimlo, thank you for your reply. I have no idea exactly where she wanna live maybe anywhere in Gateshead. She is not baptised, do you think her kids can apply for st Cuthberts. She did school locrating , only found some good secondary school near hebburn. But she dunno about the place at all and will it going to be a flooding area.

kimlo Fri 19-May-17 07:15:14

st cuthberts is in newcastle rather than in Gatshead. There's a chance off getting in to if they aren't catholic, but more of they are baptised in a diffrent denomination and more chance again if they alreay attend a catholic primary school. I don't know anything about schools in Gatshead.

Flooding isn't something that you have to worry about really.

Ladybird168 Wed 31-May-17 09:50:57

Thanks kimlo for your info,really appreciated.

Andpppy Tue 15-Aug-17 20:52:09

It is a smaller city than people think - more a collection of towns with various levels of building in between. People who come from all over for the two outstanding universities love it and stay- it's got all the amenities of a big city but has the feel of a friendly town.

I live out to the west now in the Tyne Valley which is more effort to get into Newcastle (but not much effort) but beautiful with it. There are beautiful bits all over though - Gosforth leafy suburb with lovely high street, Jesmond - close to town and lively and bits of Gateshead are very cool - although bits of it def are not. Lots of people like Tynemouth if proximity to the sea is desirable. Schools and just the feel of different areas. probably drive a lot of where one ends up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now