Eloping To Newcastle And Looking For Witnesses

(11 Posts)
JJ84 Fri 10-Feb-17 10:36:07

Hello there!

My fiancé and I are eloping to Newcastle upon Tyne on Feb 20th 2017. We've booked a simple ceremony at Newcastle Registry Office.We haven't told a soul about our forthcoming wedding but I'm now starting to get a bit nervous about finding 2 witnesses. We had planned on asking 2 people off the street but what if we can't find anyone?

Does anyone on here live in Newcastle and would be willing to be a witness at our wedding?

You really would make our day come true! Xx

gotootsiego Fri 10-Feb-17 13:10:23

Oh shame I looked in the diary and it's half term so I already have plans that day. I would have jumped at the chance otherwise!
There should be loads of students about as the civic centre is between two campuses so I don't think you'll have a problem finding witnesses.
Do you know the city? Quilliam brothers or Northern Stage would both be lovely for a spot of lunch afterwards.
All the best to you both xx

Rainicorn Fri 10-Feb-17 14:07:41

Oh I miss so gutted as it's been half term and can't make it.

DH and I did the same thing when we got married in Newcastle, didn't tell anyone, but had a friend and her partner as witnesses, then they got married after us. It was fabulous and such a fun day.

Good luck, and congratulations.

LocalEditorDurham&Newcastle Fri 10-Feb-17 21:33:47

Ooooh exciting - hope someone comes along who is free then! Good luck!

LocalEditorDurham&Newcastle Fri 10-Feb-17 21:34:16

and flowers here's a bouquet!

Purplebogbrush Fri 10-Feb-17 23:22:58

You will DEFINATELY be able to pull someone off the street. Is is at the civic centre? It is really near the university, and there are always loads of people milling about. Anyone would be thrilled to help,out I'm sure.

gotootsiego Tue 21-Feb-17 09:07:45

Good luck today! flowers

juneybean Tue 21-Feb-17 14:03:52

ahh hope it went well! smile

JJ84 Fri 24-Feb-17 14:59:21

Hi everyone, thanks for the messages, yes, we found our witnesses and are now married!!

gotootsiego Fri 24-Feb-17 16:15:09

How lovely! Congratulations!

OldTopper Thu 02-Mar-17 21:55:41

Congratulations on your wedding flowers I hope you found some witnesses and it was all lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now