moving to MK

(15 Posts)
SuzTrini Sun 29-Oct-17 18:13:02

Greetings All,
My family is seeking to move and buy a home in MK. Our daughter is 5 years old. We are seeking a nice family area to live. Seeking a 3 bedroom house in nice area, parks, shopping, school, transportation, hospital etc. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. We like the modern and new type build for a home and we want to be part of the community etc. Looking forward to your guidance.
Thanking you in advance.

RedSkyAtNight Sun 29-Oct-17 20:11:13

There are lots of areas in MK like that - can you narrow it down at all - do you need particular transport links or to be in a particular part of the town?

Otherwise, I think your main issue will be a school. Whilst there are many excellent primary schools in MK, they are very oversubscribed in some areas. I think (with your "part of community" criteria in mind) that I would start by finding out what schools have a place for your DD and then work out which of them are in areas that you like/ work for you.

SuzTrini Mon 30-Oct-17 00:02:22

Many thanks I’ll take your advice and try to start there but a school and Friends for my only child is a priority.

Jojoanna Mon 30-Oct-17 11:37:43

i would speak to the estate agent they had good advice when we relocated

RedSkyAtNight Mon 30-Oct-17 11:43:48

.. or look at some of the other threads on this board about "nice" neighbourhoods. I think the sticking point will be a school though.

SuzTrini Mon 30-Oct-17 18:05:15

Thank you

SuzTrini Mon 30-Oct-17 18:06:09

Thank you been watching and searching as per your good advice

afrikat Tue 31-Oct-17 17:54:08

hi Suztrini. I live in MK and find it a really great place for families. Location wise, if you keep away from the central estates you will usually be ok. We are in Redhouse Park which is near Newport Pagnell - NP has a good community feel and good schools.
Will you or your partner be working? If so where abouts? That might help narrow things down

SuzTrini Tue 31-Oct-17 19:13:38

Hello! Ok so we live in the Caribbean Trinidad 🇹🇹 and husband is an architect and involved in sustainability communities and we hope for him to find job in the community. Also although I have an MBA and skilled in marketing my goal is not to work immediately until our only child is fully settled. I hope to find work or work together with my husband like we have done over the years. Any advice is much appreciated. We need our daughter to be raised in a First world country and grow roots. So as you can see am starting on a blank canvas from afar.

SuzTrini Tue 31-Oct-17 19:15:56

We are seeking connection with maybe the local borough council etc to Offer how we can help the community in a sustainable platform whilst becoming members of the community too

afrikat Wed 01-Nov-17 14:38:14

I assume you will be renting at first? It might be worth doing that for 6 months at least whilst you find your feet and get to know the different areas - MK is pretty big if you include the outlying villages. If you tell rental agents you would rather stay out the central areas of MK they should be able to find you something good to start you off.

afrikat Wed 01-Nov-17 14:38:54

If you want to ask about any specific areas please feel free to DM me

SuzTrini Wed 01-Nov-17 14:59:44

Thank you so much. Managed to make contact via email with local agent and will see how that goes. Found the council contact as well to initiate relations. Yes, we would rent to start with if we can't find a new build home in a nice area with excellent primary school options. Thank you once again.
S

Lovelymess Sun 05-Nov-17 17:28:23

Newport pagnell, Giffard park & Redhouse park are very good areas with the best schools (all within a few miles of each other)

SuzTrini Mon 13-Nov-17 12:38:44

Many thanks very helpful
All the best of the season to you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now