Struggling to make friends in mk, anyone else?

(9 Posts)
Mkangel Thu 13-Apr-17 08:27:02

Hi lived here for over a year now, 2 kids one in Walton high and another about to start September. I know a few people mainly through the school but just not met any real local friends yet. Anyone else finding the same? Fancy a chat anyone ?

Jojoanna Thu 13-Apr-17 14:27:26

I'm in MK been here a long time . I met most of my MK friends though school. Took a while , then met some through work.
But I felt a bit lonely when I first moved here

Mkangel Thu 13-Apr-17 21:45:19

Yeh I guess it takes a while my kids aren't that young so I don't really have a lot to do with their parents. I do know people just not become good friends with anyone . Thanks for your reply x

Needsomezzzz Thu 13-Apr-17 21:50:13

I struggled too when we first got here, but found some lovely ones at school and through parent group.
Are you on FB? There is a mums group on there which is full of lovely mums and people often suggest meeting up.
smile

chocolatespiders Fri 14-Apr-17 08:16:06

I think once at secondary school you don't have the same contact with other mums. I never really made friends with my daughters friends mums as I would take her to school and rush to work.
My friends have been made at work but I rarely see them out of work.
Have you thought about joining a sports club netball etc. There is also walking groups in MK.

ZoeandBeans Mon 24-Apr-17 22:08:11

I knew a few people before I moved here but it took a while to make more. I found joining a running club really helped but that's not going to work for everyone.

redskyinMK Tue 25-Apr-17 13:32:54

I've met friends through work and through various "hobby" groups I've joined. I also volunteer. I agree that once your DC are at secondary school you are unlikely to get to know their parents.

DoingItForMyself Sat 06-May-17 16:21:44

Hi all, I've got a kid free night tonight (Saturday 6th May) and would love to go out somewhere but got nobody to go with. Got a couple of not-very-close mates but they're always busy with family or work so not much good for a social life.

If you are free or can get a sitter and fancy a night out somewhere lech-free and good for a dance, give me a shout!

DoingItForMyself Sat 06-May-17 16:22:16

MkAngel I've PMed you but I think it was sent under my other username

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now